Sunday, August 7, 2011

Q&A: Dora Danh

I figured it'd be nice to have a little Q&A session so you could get to know us a little better. I know sometimes its a bit difficult to keep up with two or more bloggers at the same time (especially when they live miles and miles apart). So today we'll start with a couple of Q&A for me (Dora).



1. How did you first get into blogging?
I actually started blogging when I was a freshman in high school. Of course it wasn't for leisure, but it was mandatory for class (an engineering class). I was a part of the "Magnet Program" for some time in high school. I guess you could say I was sort of a computer geek. We learned how to use AutoCad as well as breaking computers apart and assembling them back together. It was actually a lot of fun for me... but I would never see myself as an engineer =) Anyways, we had to update our progress with the different projects in class... After the course was over, I decided to change my Username and Password and made it into an online diary... Thank God I deleted all those posts from high school =P

2. What's your favorite leisure activity (shopping does not count)?
Hmm... well aside from shopping, I used to be really big on arts and crafts, but its been difficult with a full time job. My favorite thing to do was to scrapbook. I used to collect the most random things ever and then use it for my scrapbook. Nowadays with my busy schedule... I try to find time to sneak in some running, hiking, and exploring. I love to just walk around the park, feel the breeze and take a breather. I kind of need it once in a while to keep myself sane.

3. Share one funny fact about yourself.
I break everything I touch =/ I'm the biggest dork at work... and I'm always having trouble with the copy machine, scanners, staplers, etc. They actually call me "Dora the Destroyer" but I always tell them I prefer to be called "Dangerous Dora."

4. Tell us a childhood secret.
My mom is a fashionista herself, but we never really had the money to have luxurious clothing when we were kids. Our clothes of course, came from the thrift stores. But don't get me wrong, my mom was a great treasure hunter and would always find us the best quality clothes. She always made her kids look their best. It was although a bit embarrassing to tell friends where our clothes came form, so when asked... we would always say "Macys" =X

5. Favorite song of the moment
I have two actually... "Nothing I Hold Onto" by United Pursuit and "Times" by Tenth Avenue North... I'm usually a sucker for Indie/Pop/Rock, but it really depends on the season in my life... For right now, I must say its the inspirational/encouraging music that best fits the season. I'm definitely in a season of transition and I'm always needing a reminder that everything is going to be okay and that its all part of the plan... Everyone has a time in their life where you have to make a sharp turn and sometimes too fast to even realize it at the moment... these two songs are to remind me that God is in control and that He will always be my greatest comfort, joy and strength.

Welp... I think that should be enough for today. Hopefully, you were able to get a better glimpse of who I am or maybe even able to distinguish between the two of us?

XO,

Dora D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...